Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What did you do for your Glasser today?

They are the hardest working people in the surf industry and get the least amount of appreciation. Actually, in most cases they get complaints. Why did my board break when a Semi ran over it on the freeway, etc? So it's time to appreciate the hard work that they put into making our lives better by carrying out the business end of surfboard manufacturing. Luckily, my wife likes to bake and make deserts. Today Moonlight will be getting a nice Pumpkin Cheesecake to bring in the Thanksgiving Holiday. Better get to work early JP.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

pranaglider said...

pumpkin cheesecake, score!
People have no idea how important it is to have a board glassed, sanded and finned correctly. Shapers get all the credit. They should get credit no doubt but think how long your Pavel or Frye would last without a glass job or fins! I have to admit I didn't think about it much myself before I shared a house with a glasser and watch him take "prototype" shaped blanks and tune them up while glassing and sanding. So good on you and your wife for sharing such a beautifull desert.

Anonymous said...

It tasted as good as it looks. Thank you very much Mrs. Brownfish! Now come in and paint your board.

J.P. said...

I-missed-out-on-that...gah!

Erik Olson said...

I should take a page from your book Brownfish, very nice!