Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BFE #2

I spent some time last night planning out my next shape. A 6'4" Gunfish for Southern California days in DOH range. I put it on paper because it's kinda different than most Fish, plus I can print it out and lay it down on a door skin and make my template. I'm gonna use an Ice-9 6'3" Fish blank. The bottom of the blank measures out to just over 6'4 1/2", so I'll be pushing the length, but it should work out. Plus, I can use the rocker that was designed into the blank, which I feel will work good for this type of board.

3 comments:

Parallel Universe said...

Nice one BF!
It looks just right. If I may, could I suggest a touch of belly or soft vee in the nose? In my experience it keeps the wide flat nose from sticking, thus making steep drops much easier on fish type boards.
Well done!

Anonymous said...

Cool. How did you make those calculations and print out the map. Did you use software?

brownfish said...

Anon, I used AKU Shaper, formerly known as APS3000. You can download it at the AKU shaper site.