Sunday, January 6, 2008

Surfboard Art by My Wife

About 6 or 7 so years ago my wife designed Josh Halls Logo. That was one of the last Art pieces she did. Then we had some gremlins and time kind of took it's toll on her artwork. This is her first real piece since then. It was a little tough for her to get used to the Posca Pens, but man if you could see the detail in this thing in person, you'd be amazed. I'm pretty proud of her. I think it looks great. More board artwork from her to come in the future. Special thanks to Mr. Pinliner for donating a brand new box of Poscas for her to use, she appreciated that more than you can imagine. Sorry for the somewhat blurry photos, someday I'll get a real camera.

10 comments:

Surfsister said...

Nice work, Mrs. Brownfish!!! I'm not in the least artistic. Tell her I'm envious.

By the way, I linked to your blog. I didn't realize until today that I hadn't done it earlier.

Kyle said...

Sooo, the JH link was unnecessary. I am totally feeling the full color logo.

Please post the full board when the work is done....

Joanie + Ryan said...

Thats good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Poscha Pens. abused by many mastered by few. Nice work Mrs. brownfish I knew you could do it.

J.P. said...

And what exactly does this beautiful talented lady see in you? (ha)

Bob said...

To answer JP... a blank canvas.

Erik Olson said...

I've always liked the JH logo. Neat to see it with the other art your wife did on that board because both pieces have a similar underlying style. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

the detail work is awsome , may have to rustle up some trixie work, btw who painted th

Anonymous said...

..........continued..........

btw / who painted the kiss board?

brownfish said...

SA, Not sure who painted the Kiss board. Saw it one day, and you know, right click, save. Thought it was pretty neat. My wife is presently looking for more boards to work on. If anyone is interested please e-mail me @ Brownfishsurfing@gmail.com