Tuesday, January 22, 2008

School House Rock

While discussing a certain Purple Dinosaur on Warbles, I've come to the conclusion that by far the best DVD we have for our kids is School House Rock. Our friend Eve got it for our kids a couple years ago when the boys were 3 and 1. Now, 5 and 3, with a 15 month old sister, it's still in the top five and holds thier attention, well, we won't go into how long. How can you miss with "Conjuction Junction" and "3 is the Magic Number." Also a great gift if you don't have kids and just can't think of what to get for your buddy's kids birthday. I'm still learning stuff from this amazing 283 minutes of animated wonder. Available at Amazon for $14.99.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

To prove how old/young I am.. I used to watch Schoolhouse Rock on TV. I love the one about "I'm Just a Bill."

pranaglider said...

I don't think my kids watch this but they did watch Ghost Busters about 500 times. They can't count but they do know what extoplasm is.

Patch said...

Love these as well, remember "Lollie, Lollie, Lollie get your adverbs here..."

Anonymous said...

I'm just a verb!


still on baby einstein for now--s.a.

unidentified said...

Big fan of the "Bill".
So sad and lonely.

Surfsister said...

I have two degrees in English and I still fall back on Schoolhouse Rock to help me remember the parts of speech. Mind you, I haven't seen it in ages but I still remember a lot of the songs. I love the song for interjections!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that I will but today I am still just a Bill.

I love it!!!

R.T. said...

right on brownfish. just got it on dvd. thanks for the reminder/tip!