Sunday, December 16, 2007

Resin X / Marlin Quad

Marlin was nice enough to let me wax this thing up today and take it out on its maiden voyage. Surf wasn't that great for a shortboard, plus battling with longboards (to be fair, I had just gotten done riding my longboard) made it even more difficult. One wave was pretty much all I needed. I LIKE THIS BOARD. It has life. POP if you will. I wish it was a decent day to ride it, cause I'm pretty positive that the thing is gonna be great. My next board will definately be getting RESIN-X. Hopefully more review in the future, when Marlin is willing to part with it for a couple days. Thanks Marlin and MATT. More cool Resin-X stuff over at SURFY SURFY.


3 comments:

J.P. said...

Cool. I didn't see any of your waves but I rode one of the other Marlin quads glassed w/ resin-x and was stoked. The board had twang.

Anonymous said...

Very cool report, G. Can't wait to get my hands on one! Had you ridden one of Señor Bacon's quads before this, for comparison's sake? Regardless, fun to hear your and JP's initial responses.

Steve ShShSh

brownfish said...

SHSHSHSSSHSHHSSHHSHSH,
Yes, I had a double wing but-tail quad very similar to the one pictured. It was standard Pu/pe. It was shaped a few months after the Clark Foam Blessing, so the blank was a little subpar (as were most in that time period), but the board still rode great. It's a pretty amazing shape that Marlin designed. Marlin has a top secret blank of mine, in his shop that is pretty close to being done, but, thats another story all together. Someday, Someday.