Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Displacement Trailer

I'm still trying to get a handle on the whole Hull deal. Like I said in the post about "One California Day," I wasn't impressed with Jimmy and his Hull segment. Now I'm getting a little confused. I chanced onto the "Displacement" trailer and am again pretty inthralled. Granted most of the footage is sped up quite significantly, but it's lookin kinda fun. People in the trailer are actually engaging a rail and completing turns. Kinda cool. Getting another board probably wouldn't be as much of a problem as importing a nice peeling point break. Maybe we need to call up Rabbit and his savvy team of dredgers to form a nice little bank around our parts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hulls seem like one of those things that are alot of fun to actually ride but not much fun to look at, kinda like fat chicks and mopeds. They're fun 'til you're friends see you riding one :D

But isn't that what it's about though, just having fun?

pranaglider said...

"You know that hulls have a center fin, what are you thinking."

I'm sorry it cracks me up every time I think about it.

Hulls are interesting and though I would like to explain them here it is just better if you get a hold of one and try it.

john said...

hulls are an efficient way for gettn' on down the road. What is more important to me is the egg planshape. I ride an egg with low down rails and flat panel vee throughout most of the bottom and flat past the center fin box. This board also has 4 plugs. I have ridden this board as a quad, single, with speed dialers and just 2 keels. All configurations produce speed and drive and alot of fun. Stay stoked and have a Merry Christmas.