Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Local Slab

I've spoken of the Local Slab quite often in this blog. It's a fun wave. Can get super hectic. Especially when doing its thing. The take off spot is a 10 foot square, and 20+ guys that know the wave well, are all battling for the perfect spot to sit. Two feet off and you're toast. Even if you are in the right spot, you're constantly butting shoulders or arms with others, while angling and air dropping into and hopefully under the lip. There are about 5 guys that surf it regularly that have it truly wired. They grew up surfing it and now it's pretty much second nature for them. I'm blown away at what those guys make. Also, how easy they make it look. Here is a sequence of who I would consider the King. Yea, there are guys who have surfed it better, or more agressively. Day in, Day out, Todd Thornton is always the guy in the spot.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that NEWBREAK?

brownfish said...

Are you kidding me? I would never post a pic of Newbreak. It's Lunada Bay!

Eef said...

happy newyear brownfish!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! I have surfed there many times and getting spit out of that right hander is the best.