Thursday, December 24, 2009

A New Tradition Begins

No tree. Well, not yet. Sounds kinds odd, I know. This year we have yet to put up the Christmas Tree. Yea, we've heard about it. The grems are snapping. No presents wrapped. Yup, none. No wrapped presents to fondle and shake. Sounds kinda Grinch-like. We've got cards and knick-knacks up, but that is about it. This year we've decided to start a new tradition. We start on Christmas Eve. Christmas will be a two day event, starting in about 30 minutes. The tree goes up, all the decorations come out. Still, all the presents will stay out of site until Santa comes tonight. I'm looking forward to all the work that will go into this tradition in the next 36 hours. I can't wait to see the looks on the kids faces tomarrow morning. Hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I saw you clip a guy out at the reef yesterday. He says he busted his wrist, your gnarly...

BTW- Bob Seger rules!

brownfish said...

Just one guy? No, actually I burned a sweeper, he was quite alright as I watched him kick out. Another guy I actually collided with, my fault too, first time in a long time. He said he hit his ribs, otherwise he wouldn't have cared. He kept surfing. I apologized twice. It was cutthroat out thier. If you didn't go, you'd just be sittin the whole session. More often than not I was in position, I think I got burned way more than I burned anyone.