Thursday, February 26, 2009

Great Shaping Video

This is a video of Tim Stamps shaping a board at FOAM-EZ'S new shaping room. This video is very well put together. Pretty much shows all the steps. Most videos that you see on the internet are quick teasers. It's always nice seeing someone else shape. Always learn something new.

As for the Shaping bay. FOAM-EZ are letting people rent it out (tools, vacuum, etc) to shape boards. Anyone can rent it, from first timers, to pro's, to old timers. It's a pretty good concept when you think about it. Would have been nice to have a decent room to shape my first few boards in. FOAM-EZ has always been a quality act as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes they may be a little more expensive than going directly to the source, but they make up for it in customer service. Everything that I have ever ordered from them has been shipped that day or the next day, and I've gotten it the day after. I wish they were driving distance, because I'd probably use them for everything.

2 comments:

ras said...

been riding a 5'8" stamps quad fish since October in our many point breaks here in Nova Scotia. most magical board I've ever had period.

would love a 5'6" eps twin keel though for pure speed and trim. thanks for posting the video.

Anonymous said...

Jazzy!