Monday, January 25, 2010

It's the End

Well, it actually depends on which way you look at it. My prediction is that, if you thought last summer was a mess dealing with SUP's, this summer is going to be a catastrophe. With Costco now offering these things up for $429, including paddle and leash, it is now not a sport that people get sticker shock when they want to start up. I would say that, although the surf has been incredibly fun over the last 6 weeks or so, the SUP's have been increasingly frustrating. Hopefully the expected onslaught of SUK's will spur a definitive push to have these things moved into restricted zones and out of surf zones. There is now a Petition being started by Joel Tudor and Justin Phillips (The Justin) to have SUP's permenently removed from the line-up at Cardiff Reef. While I feel bad for the few good guys that I consider my friends that SUP, overall I am all for this. I will be updating the progress of this movement and let you know where to sign, if interested.


5 comments:

Danimal said...

This is terrible.

Joey said...

This is just a big conspiracy for you to sell Hand Planes! Hand Planes at CostCo (fuck ya!). Just kidding G, keep up the good work!

Eef said...

better hide in the shorebreak then....

eef
monsterboards.org

Anonymous said...

I'm all for the petition banning em' at every surf break where there's swimmers or surfers. Boats need to be regulated... handplane in a sup free environment yippee!!!

KEAHANA said...

comming to a grief near you soon..