Friday, September 11, 2009

Movies That Inspired an Era

When I think back to the Curren/Occy Era, I've got to think of these movies made by Chris Bystrom. From 1984 until Taylor Steele ushered in a new kind of surf movie, these were the bible. From Blazing Boards, Beyond Blazing Boards, The Last Surf Movie, to Son of the Last Surf Movie, they inspired a generation. I personally was a very impressional teenager through this time. My friends and I watched these things over and again probably hundreds of times. The soundtracks became anthems to any extracurricular activites we were doing. They even inspired two trips to Australia that I was lucky enough to take at the ages of 19 and 22. Kirra in it's heyday. Taught me plenty good how to dodge a barrel.



1 comment:

JettyGirl.com said...

Beyond Blazing Boards cost me $59.95 from Newport Surf & Sport back in the day...for VHS no less! It was worth every penny!