Tuesday, April 8, 2008

DJ Kane

It's been a while since I posted last. A rough couple of weeks have not only affected me and my immediate family (ie. wife and kids), but also my brother, sister and mom. I am hoping we have worked through the worst for now.

Keep checking back as I should be posting again on a regular basis.

So while cruising the ERBB, I came across DJ and Justin's latest creation. This board has been sitting in DJ shaping room for quite some time. Neither is to blame, as they have both been traveling and what not.

The funniest thing about this board is that the outline of half the board was cut and sitting for so long, without the other half even drawn out. It was always wierd passing by and looking in at this asymentrical shape.

Well, I guess they finally got the gumption to finish her up. Boy did DJ do an incredible job. I don't hype DJ's stuff as much as I should, mainly because I see him at least 2-3 times a week and also because I just assume that most around the internet surf scene already realize this. He's shaping pretty amazing custom boards these days. I've seen more great boards from DJ coming out of Moonlight than pretty much any other shaper in the last 6 months (well Ambrose has had some good ones, but thats another story). This may be my favorite shape I've seen. I can't wait for Justin to pick it up, so I can give it a go. You can contact DJ through his website at: http://www.dksurfboards.com/ I believe he can ship pretty much anywhere in the world that Moonlight Ships.

So, after being around DJ for the last year or so since he has moved here, my favortite story came just a few weeks ago. I was picking up a board on the Friday right before the AB3. I had my 3 kids and my 5 y/o's best friend (4 kids under 6). I pull up to the back and start unloading the Groms. So DJ is leaving his truck and starting to walk in the back. In the meantime, my 5 y/o is explaining to his best friend everything about the surfboard shop that he frequents. The last thing I hear him say is, "It doesn't matter if you know what thier name is, just call em DUDE." He looks over at DJ and says, "Hey Dude."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 fin or twin fin ?

brownfish said...

This is actually gonna be a twin fin.

Unknown said...

Dude, that's awesome.
;)

As always, digging your blog, G. Hope the family is doing well.

Steve ShShSh

gracepark said...

Dude! Your kids rule. ;) Was wondering where you were.. I missed reading your posts. Glad to hear you are A-OK.

Anonymous said...

These areworld of warcraft gold relatively smallcheap wow gold sample sizes, wow orand factors otherwow power leveling than how world of warcraft goldwell the wow poteam is playing (injuries, schedule)wow orhave certainly buy wow goldhad an effect. But the Nets'cheap wow gold improvementwow power leveling on the wow powerlevelingdefensive end dofus kamasisn't too hard tokamas dofus explain. They had a lot of roster turnover and Lord of the Rings Online Goldhave several LOTRO Goldyoung players, LOTR Goldincluding two rookies, flyff moneyin their rotation.flyff penyaSo, as their team buy flyff goldhas grown together ffxi giland their young buy ffxi gilguys have Final Fantasy XI giladjusted to the buy Warhammer goldspeed of theWarhammer gold game, they've improved defensively.EverQuest 2 gold"Experience is a eq2 platlot of it," says rookie Ryan Anderson, who has started the last 12 games in the absence of Yi Jianlian. "I know I've improved a ton defensively this season."