Monday, March 3, 2008

I Love the Geoprene

Matuse 4/3/2. I lagged on getting one of the new Matuse fullsuits the first time around. I bought a Matuse Hoplite 2mm Short Sleve Full (see review Nov. 2007), at the end of last summer, and just loved it. When it came time to transition into long sleeves, I had some other things going on and put it off for a bit. Well they sold out faster than anyone would have imagined. A new shipment of Matuse 4/3/2's hit the shops a few weeks ago, and this time I wasn't gonna be left wanting. I endured using last years suit through probably the coldest this year had to offer. Sure I coulda went with one of the other brands, but after what I experienced with the Short sleeve full, I didn't want to wait until next year, and buying 2 suits this year just wouldn't be prudent with 3 groms to feed. Well the waiting was definately worth it. It is by far the most flexible, warm suit I have ever experienced in my life. I was out today with howling offshore winds, and never even thought about being cold. The other day, I hate to say it, I think I was sweating. Now, that was with the sun out, but regardless, there have been many sunny days in the past where an hour after paddling out I'd be shivering. Much as my SS full, this thing takes in hardly any water and dries in a very short period of time out of the sun. Today I felt like I was surfing too my full, fat, potential, for the whole session, vs. just the first half hour in the past. Word on the street is that the 2mm SS full will be glued and taped for this coming spring and fall. Plus, a glued and taped 3/2 Full is supposed to hit the streets for next winter. I think that should make a perfect addition to my wetsuit family. Thanks to the guys at Matuse for designing such a great product.

http://www.matuse.com/index.html

No comments: