Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Confessions of a Novice Shaper

I was perusing the net last night and came across this guys blog in NYC. Been working on my own little project lately which sparked a good deal of interest in his adventure. I spent a good hour going through every entry. You see, someday, I too would like to shape all my own boards. I don't think I got the balls he does though. Just went out and rented himself a garage in the city, spent a good $1000 on tools and set-up, then months of waiting for everything to arrive. All before he ever made a single pass with a planer. Good on ya.

http://noviceshaper.blogspot.com










His first finished board, shaped it, glassed it, did it all, TOUCHE'

1 comment:

KC said...

Hi Brownfish,

Glad you enjoyed my blog. Sadly, I've closed shop due to some thieving local crackheads who decided to stop by and say "hi" while I was away in Hawaii.

But, I did manage to shape 3 boards to completion (a 6'0" thruster, and two 8'0 funboards). I currently have three fish shapes in the works and hope to find a new home or a local shaper who might let me borrow some time/space to finish them.

In any case, I like your blog. Your fish experiment is looking good. Keep the pics coming!

KC