Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Maiden Voyage Today

I haven't made myself a board since last fall. I think it was the Clownfish. I've had alot of ideas on things that I wanted to make, but just not the time to do it. A few weeks ago, I was stuck at home tending to some domestic responsibilities. Mainly I just had to be present. So, instead of finishing up Dylan's shape, or starting Robert's (Sorry guys), I shaped myself something. I wanted something for summer, and started off just shaping myself the usual run of the mill Keel, but, just about when I was going to cut the tail out, I decided against it. I modified the lost rocket tail to fit on a really wide template and turned the thing into a quad. So, think of it as a Keel, meets Mini-Sims, meets Lost Rocket, and set it all up as a quad. Well, we'll see how it goes.

DIMS: 5'7 X 21" X 2 1/4"

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's it go?
came out nice!

Anonymous said...

Did it end u working for you?

Anonymous said...

Did the board end up working well for you?

brownfish said...

The board works real well. Have surfed it in gutless waves and it flies. Also surfed it during the bigger south swell we had 2 weekends ago, just to see, and was surprised how well it went.