Monday, January 19, 2009

Dillons Step-Up Twinfin

Dillon has been waiting quite a while for me to finish this board. It is a step-up for him. 6'2 x 18 3/4" x 2 3/8" thick. Very slight single concave. Ice-9 Cane blank. I was lucky and didn't get any oxidation of the color. Glassed entirely with UV poly resin. Polish is no where near the level of JP and Jimmy, but hey, I think it came out pretty good. Thanks to Jimmy for setting the boxes for me, and Marlin for making another great set of fins. Most importantly Dillon, for letting me make this board for him. Sorry about the poor lighting, it's nighttime and I gots to go back to work the next few days, so outside photos weren't an option. Plus, rocker shot not an option, as my room be too small, at least for now.


























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting outline. There's a lot going on in the back 1/3 of that board.

Like how the fins are set way back on the tail. The guys I know who never quit riding twins but have evolved them to today's performance boards, say the trick is to push the fins back further so they have more bite. Looks like a solid performer.

What's your take on the Cane blank. I've been riding mine for almost a year now and have come to my own conclusions on it.

brownfish said...

Pushing the fins back was definately intentional. He wanted it to hold, so, after doing some research, I came to those placements. My opinion on Ice-9 is that they are way ahead of the rest. The only drawback with Cane is the occasional oxidation when airbrushing. I've just ordered some Mowses blanks, so hoping they are just as durable, but don't have the issue with airbrushing.