Thursday, December 27, 2007

Zamora HP Fish

Here's the shaped blank. Ian surprized me with a tapered stringer, which, I think with Resin-X is going to add a nice zing. I'm super stoked on the shape. This is what I'll probably be riding when the surf has some juice, but isn't quite big enough to step up. It's 5'10 x 19 1/4" x 2 1/4". Color, well, I think I might have to copy that beautiful Midori Green that EHO posted on BREAKS SELECTION, but airbrushed instead of resin tint. Trying to keep this board as light and performance oriented as possible. I'm still debating on Lokbox vs. Glass-on Bamboo, but if I can swing the cost, I think I'll go with the glass-ons. Will be using the LB1/LB4 template. You can contact Ian @ ZamoraSurfboards@gmail.com



4 comments:

Kyle said...

Hey Brownfish,

Dorado in NYC is selling some Geppies quad fins cut on the AK2 template for $75.

Dorado is one cool cat and straight up with his deals. The price is right and so it the product...

BTW, your Zamora looks beautiful. Merry Christmas...

vasco said...

if lightness is the goal bamboo all the way in glassons...and the cost should be near of a lokbox set...
Anyway you´re into one of the most interesting boards of the fish variety...Ian made a really nice template...still a fish in terms of outline in my book...i have a couple of sessions on it and i can tell you that that board flies like a fish...but turns on a dime...goes well in a top to bottom surf...down the line bursts...and very very tight turns
Backside surfing is still hard for me with her...i always feel that i´m carrying to much water over the board after a bottom turn...it's me not the board...i have to dial it in...
I'm a bit tired of fishes, but these too last boards from Ian( i also have one of his 2+1, actually it's the wife, lol) made me again surf below the 6'0 range...his HP fish is so refreshing...shut me up please...stoke on your stoke!
Kind regards

Anonymous said...

G-- Go with Lokbox bamboos. I find myself moving only the left rear fin back about 1/8" or so and it make all the difference. I've done this with both of my Zamora HP quads. That board looks unbelievable, and I'm incredibly jealous of the Resin-X'ing it has in store for it. Great pick-up!

Steve ShShSh

6ftnperfect said...

I put glass on bamboos on my butter board and I love it. I'm super careful getting in and out of the water though so I don't bang them on anything. Another plus is that they just look so great glassed on, and Marlin can dye them just about any color.